Tuesday, September 16, 2008

About Me!

My name is Rich, double majored in both English and Communications at the University of Hartford.  I don't know what else to say about me, so I'll just explain why I picked the title I chose for the blog.  When I think pain throughout history, one of the first things that pops into my head is music.  Grunge music in particular, the steadfast picks like Nirvana are obvious, but I figured I would go in another direction.  Soundgarden is one of my favorite bands, and this is the opening line to one of my favorite songs by them.  Without going too much into it, the song is about someone asking for anybody to feel bad for him even though he is in a situation he put on himself, and the person he is asking is going through pain of their own.  This is a very, very boiled down description, but it also leads me to a thought going through my head when applying for this course.  Why do people bring pain on themselves, and then when they realize they feel bad because of it afterwards, they demand others share their pain, or help them lose it?  It happens all of the time, and seems to be a basic reaction to pain for most people.
Anyway, this was a perfect example of me getting distracted and intensely off topic, which honestly is a pretty darn good way of describing who I am!
I hope this helps!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

please tell me this is a wayne's world reference....